Sunday, November 27, 2011

The History of Mortal Kombat - Episodes 01 and 02

Mortal Kombat and its sequels were a game that really defined a lot of my late childhood to early teenage years. My friends and I were all playing it, wasting countless quarters against the cheap AI in arcades and local variety stores and obsessing over the home ports for both Arcade Ladder and Versus on Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo Game Boy.

Good times indeed, and now Mortal Kombat Secrets is creating a new web series entitled "The History of Mortal Kombat."

While there are other video retrospectives about the franchise out there, thus far Mortal Kombat Secret's videos are the most informative and comprehensive, and despite a few audio quarks and the artificial British narrator, I recommend you give them a watch.

The first two epsiodes can be viewed here and here or below, and I'll post additional episodes as they become available.





Watching these really makes me feel like a kid again. I remember those old commercials, and the live action commercial for Mortal Kombat II was exceptional in it's day. Also interesting to see the dessert that Reptile came out of in that ad looks a lot like Jade's Desert in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and I'm sure it served as an influence. Never made that connection before.

Oh, fond memories...

No comments: