Sunday, January 02, 2011

X-MEN (Xbox 360) Trial Impressions


Yesterday I finally got around to trying out the X-MEN Trial I downloaded a few weeks back. When I was a kid, I used to play this game in the arcades a bit, and short and sweet, it hasn't changed.

The Trial consists of the first level, so I chose Wolverine (like most I'm sure), and started slashing and jump kicking sentinels in classic beat-em up style. Like most games of that era, it's a side scroller that lets you move up and down the screen, attack, jump, jump kick, grab/throw, and execute a special move. Pretty basic and fun.

The Trial ends with a boss fight against Pyro, who wasn't that hard. Like many bosses of this era, you simply move up and down to avoid attacks until they leave themselves vulnerable, then you slash them up a bit.

Really, the game isn't much different than any other basic side scroller out there save that it features the X-Men, so unless you're a die hard fan, I'd pass at the 800 Microsoft Points until it at least drops by about 50%. While fun, there's nothing super spectacular here to warrant $11.60.

No comments: