Monday, July 05, 2010

5th Anniversary


This Thurs. Jul. 8th marks the 5th anniversary of Arbiter's Judgement! "5 years. 5 long years..." Just kidding. It's been a wild ride and a lot's happened since I first started this blog up.

Heavily inspired by ActionTrip, I went with a friend's suggestion to create my own site to talk about "games, movies, and other useless crap." I also recruited the Staff to help out and together Telly and I posted a lot of inane nonsense to keep you all entertained.

Along the way the Staff got real busy with real life so we don't see him around as much anymore, but his contributions, both past and future, are greatly appreciated. For the last few years, it's pretty much just been me one-man-armying this place, and 1,965 posts and a layout change later you can clearly see how my writing style has evolved.

I also started taking things a little more seriously (though not by much) and really focused in the gaming direction, and as a result the blog has been mentioned on such sites as Bethesda Softworks, The Elder Scrolls, Halo.Bungie.Org, Planet Doom, as well as several independent blogs and sites and a bunch of other places that I'm forgetting.

In addition, I've also gained the attention of Xbox Canada and have been privileged to be invited to several premieres and launch events, and I've also got the personal honour of being one of the first 8 Canadians not employed by Microsoft to play Halo: Reach.

Along with all this recognition, some of my work has been published on Xbox Canada's site, and in the Fall of 2008 I entered into an agreement with Ready Up Live to write for them as well, the best community on the web!

So humble reader, I want to thank you for visiting, for reading my reviews and ramblings, and for helping to make this blog what it is today. I hope you've enjoyed reading it all as much as I've enjoyed writing it, and here's to many more years to come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Grats on the 5 year anniversary Jux. Great site...I always enjoy reading your take on things.

Juxtapose said...

Thank you Rodney, glad you're enjoying the blog!

Unknown said...

No worries Jux...forgot to post, but I am VanishedNine from the xbox.ca forums. :-)

Juxtapose said...

Thanks again dude! I knew you were from the forums, but I didn't know which poster you were ;).