Sunday, May 02, 2010

Batman: Arkham Asylum Third Playthrough Complete


Was in the mood to beat the snot out of stuff, so I fired up Batman: Arkham Asylum early last week and motored my way through it.

Played through on Hard once again, and I'm still in awe over how great the game is and how strong the Freeflow combat system is. Poison Ivy was harder than I remembered, however, and I had a real rough time tonight with the penultimate battle; taking about 15 tries and a whole lot of cursing to beat it. Bane was very simple this go around though, which was in stark contrast to my last playthrough.

Great atmosphere, beautifully written story, and quite simply the best comic book video game I've ever played. I believe you can pick up the game new for about $40.00 now, and I highly recommend it.

This completes my third playthrough of the game, second time on Hard. Now if only I were better at the Challenge Rooms...

No comments: