Saturday, March 13, 2010

Halo 3: ODST Completed for the 3rd Time


Dropped into hell yet again, and came out alive. Just completed my third playthrough of Halo 3: ODST, my second on Heroic, and once again I really enjoyed the Campaign. It's a fresh and innovative take on the tried and true Halo shooter formula, and I really liked the storytelling method.

Skulking around occupied New Mombasa at night as the Rookie reminds me so much of a shooter/RPG without the RPG elements, but the open city concept really worked. I just wish you could have explored more of it, but who knows, maybe one day we really will see a Halo RPG. It's a universe that would certainly fit the bill, provided it was handled by the right developer.

It just really is too bad that Microsoft Game Studios got greedy and decided to sell Halo 3: ODST as a full retail game, because no matter how much fun it is, it's really not grand enough to justify that $69.99 price tag.

If you do find it cheaper though, don't hesitate. It's a great title at fair cost, and there are some real great twists playing as a helljumper.

No comments: