Saturday, January 16, 2010

Left 4 Dead 2 Sold


Finally got around to selling my copy of Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) today. I tried the game a few times, but as far as I'm concerned it's another lackluster product courtesy of Valve Software.

Interestingly though Best Buy wouldn't take it. The UPC number on my case didn't match the general one in their system, so it was a no-go. I went to Deja Vu Discs and sold it there, and I surprisingly got very little for it, only $16.00. I could have taken the time to sell it for more privately, but time is at a premium for me these days.

I think the lower resale cost has to do with the newer trend of retailers briefly selling new titles for around $40.00. It's great for the launch week that it happens, but the resale value of the game immediately plummets as a result.

No comments: