Sunday, November 01, 2009

BioShock 2 Web Site Re-Launches, Two New Trailers, and Brute Splicer Revealed

Lots of new information has been released regarding BioShock 2 this week. Firstly, the official site for the game has been relaunched and opened up properly. You can check it out right here.

Secondly, we have two new trailers available. The first is of Campaign footage entitled "Siren Alley," and the second is of a Multiplayer mode called "Capture the Little Sister." You can watch both trailers below.





Lastly, The Cult of Rapture has revealed a new enemy you'll face in the game, the Brute Splicer. You can read all about him and view some concept art here.

Can I leave you with my personal impressions? I'm honestly not overly impressed with what I'm seeing. Maybe I'm wrong and it'll turn out to be different, but the gameplay is looking incredibly generic and unlike its exceptional predecessor, it looks to me like BioShock 2 is "actioning" its gameplay up. If I'm right and this is truly the case, then 2K Marin will be sucking out the very atmosphere that made BioShock such an exceptional title. I really do hope that we get a demo prior to launch.

And what's with every developer obsessing over using the word "Brute" for one of its enemies? Brute seems to be the new Grunt.

No comments: