Saturday, September 19, 2009

Halo 3: ODST Viral Marketing Campaign Solved


I step away for a day, and look what happens: The Halo 3: ODST viral marketing campaign has been solved!

Pictured to the right is a clean copy of the final, composited image, and with a quality like that, it's easy to see what to do. You simply need to text "UNSC" to a specific number, decoded via the "binary" throughout the sticker.

With such a high quality photo, I'd normally leave it to you to work out since it's not that hard, but since the word's already being spread around, I'll just tell you right now. Note before hand that this whole marketing campaign relates to the upcoming Halo 3: ODST Canadian launch party in _Toronto_. If you are NOT able to go, do NOT bother texting as you will NOT gain anything.

Simply text "UNSC" to 534847, and wait to see if you get chosen. How did they figure out 534847? Look at the "binary," and add up the number of ones per column. There's your number. So simple, and a high quality image was all that was needed.

I've sent a text myself, but it's entirely possible I'm too late; not sure yet. Regardless, it sure was fun working on this first hand, and a shout out to Mister Switch and the others he was working with, as well as the fans on the official Halo 3: ODST forum at Bungie.net.

This campaign sure has me psyched for the expansion, and I can't wait for the party! Less than 2 days!

No comments: