Saturday, October 25, 2008

Star Wars: The Old Republic Announced


Well the rumours were true, and the massive multiplayer online roleplaying game that BioWare and LucasArts have teamed up to develop is indeed set in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic franchise. BioWare and LucasArts have officially announced Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Set 300 years after the end of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords, BioWare appears to be basically abandoning the awesome story of the originals and jumping ahead to a time when the galaxy is recovering from the war with the true Sith menace that was forshadowed by the previous games.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not excitied by this at all, and I won't be following the game at this point. The fact that MMOs are not my genre aside, I was really hoping to see a wrap-up to the previous storyline, basically to have a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III that deals with the war this game takes place after, or at least the start of it.

I also can't say I'm very impressed with the graphical style of the game, nor with BioWare's other current work, Dragon Age: Origins. Both titles look like a massive graphical step backward. Well, at least we know they're working on Mass Effect 2. Hopefully they won't screw that one up.

Yeah, I know...

No comments: