Sunday, October 19, 2008

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Completed for the 2nd Time


And this time without any Save Game corruption!

I replayed Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360) on Sith Warrior again, and I took the time to find absolutely everything: Every Holocron, every Costume, and the Database Completed properly on this run. I also found and unlocked every single Lightsabre Crystal (love that Black Crystal).

The only thing I didn't actually finish this time was the Training Room. I left the Force Push Challenge alone, because as I recall, my last Save corruption happened around the time I completed all the Training Rooms. It may have been coincidence, but I decided to play it safe.

I also relied almost soley on the automated Checkpoint save system, just in case mass-saving also led to corruption.

This playthrough went more quickly than my first run simply because I had a solid understanding of the Combos and Force Powers, and I knew where to go through the Missions, so there was less overall exploring.

Still, the combat is just so much fun. I mixed up my Force Powers more and used some abilites that I didn't bother much with last time which helped keep things fresh. The game's story was just as great the second time around, and it was cool to see the canon Light Side ending, which of course I won't spoil here, and how it really influenced the Star Wars universe. It's also nice to see a Star Wars title that's mature, unlike many of the recent films.

Can I just say how much harder the final boss is on the Light Side ending. Again, I can't give it away here, but I had to try for about 45 whooping minutes to take him down, nealy three times as long as it took me to win the Dark Side ending. Talk about the quick and easy path...

Regardless, I've enjoyed this additional playthrough of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Now I just need to start acquiring those Mastery Achivements...

No comments: