Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Collectable Problem


I've been collecting various McFarlane Toys for years now, and I consider them to be the finest collectible action figures on the market. They are extremely detailed and while often very posable, they are sculpted to be displayed in very specific stances.

Which is why I always wonder why they have such a hard time standing up in those very same stances.

Take the Master Chief from the recently released Halo 3 Series 1 figures. You pose him in any stance displayed in the press pics, and he'll stand, but if a little breeze comes by, well, he falls. A lot of other McFarlane Toys have this problem, which leaves me to wonder why they don't come with bases. The ones that do are awesome because they always stand, but many don't.

I'm considering replacing my Master Chief with the Chief from the upcoming Halo 3 Legendary Collection. These figures are non-articulated, but they're in a great action pose and they, well, look like they can stand.

I'll see when they're released in November.

No comments: