Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Very Impressed with Xbox Support


Wow. Can I say how very impressed with Xbox Support I am right now? It's like complete night and day compared to my experience with them last year.

As mentioned, I'm having issues with Golden Axe, where my new refurbished Xbox 360 console does not want to recognize it as the full version of the game, even when I'm connected to Xbox LIVE.

At about 11:00 am this morning, I contacted Xbox Support regarding this issue, and the tier 1 rep was unable to solve it so he escalated it to tier 2. He gave me a ticket number and told me to expect a call in 24 to 48 hours.

I just got off the phone with the tier 2 rep; he called me about 11 hours after my initial call, 13 hours early. Very nice.

Unfortunately, he was unable to resolve the issue, however he has confirmed that I have indeed purchased the game and it should be working fine when connected to Xbox LIVE. The tier 2 rep has escalated this to their tier 3 support, whom I should hear from in 24 to 48 hours, and he also completely refunded me the 400 Microsoft Points I used to purchase Golden Axe.

Basically, Xbox Support is going to continue to try and resolve the issue. Should they succeed, I've just gotten Golden Axe for free. Should they fail, I have my Microsoft Points back for an additional purchase of something else at a later date. That is a very unexpected and courteous gesture.

I also spoke to the tier 2 rep regarding the DRM of my other Xbox LIVE Arcade games, game films, premium content, etc. He told me that it would be transferred over to my new refurbished console, and the process would take about 30 days, maybe a week earlier, maybe a week later.

In about 20 days, he's asked me to try re-downloading some content that won't work offline and retest it. If it doesn't work, try again in 30 days. If it still doesn't work, to call them back to inquire about the status.

Very impressive.

No comments: