Sunday, December 16, 2007

Damned Luck


Seriously, I just haven't had much luck this past week.

It started off well, and Wednesday evening I went to the wrap party for one of those shows my company works on. Only got to stay for about 45 minutes though, 'cause I had to get home, pack, and clean up for my Montreal trip.

You see, the company had invited me out to their Montreal Holiday Party, and they were shipping me there and back via Via, and setting me up in a very nice hotel room with two stinkin' queen beds (or was that double beds? Doesn't matter, it was more beds than I needed).

Very early Thursday morning I woke up feeling cold, and the only time I feel cold is if I'm getting sick. I knew that was bad news, and as the night wore on, I felt increasingly worse and popped a Gravol to calm my deteriorating stomach. After a predominantly sleepless night, I was determined to carry on as per normal and get to Montreal, so I went about my normal morning routine. Got up, made my breakfast, took one bite of my toast and hurled. I developed a small fever after that, thus beginning my battle with the flu and so ended my chance to go to Montreal.

The biggest challenge of the morning was pressing "Send" on my cell to call my boss and cancel the trip, since the damned thing had already been arranged for me. I also got the flu shot a month or so ago, my first time ever, but a lot of good that seems to have done me. I haven't had the flu in years, and yet I get the shot, and there it is.

So I've spent the last few days in bed sucking chicken noodle soup, napping, and playing video games. I missed out on a friend's Christmas Party last night, and was supposed to see I Am Legend today, but that didn't work out either (which ain't a bad thing given the weather).

All in all, not the best week. Dealt with nausea, fever, chills, aches, dizziness, etc . Here's hoping to a better week to come now that I'm on the mend.

No comments: