Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mass Effect Purchased


Yup, I caved and picked up Mass Effect. Basically what happened is I had a really shitty day on Wednesday, and when all was said and done, I figured that buying me something new and shiny would make me feel better.

It all started at 2:00 am on Wednesday when I woke up with an allergy attack, and no matter what I did I couldn't get myself cleared up. Since I was wide awake and out of allergy meds, I had two options: 1) Go back to sleep and continually wake up all disgusting like and get no rest, or 2) Drive to the closest 24 HR Shoppers Drug Mart and get some Reactine, thereby allowing me to clear my sinuses up and get a solid 4 more hours of sleep.

Since I was already awake, I choose option 2.

That all worked out (and the security guard eyed me real strange like what with my black trench coat and all), but I still felt like shit for most of the day. I also got pissed off when I checked on Best Buy's web site, only to find they _did_ have the online-only Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition, but of course by then they were all sold out. As far as I know this was the only place in Canada that the Limited Collector's Edition was available.

Well that night I decided to swing by Future Shop and buy the game, and the reason I choose Future Shop (aside from the fact that I needed to buy something for the office there), was because it came with a free copy of Superman Returns (Xbox 360). I'm not a fan of Superman, didn't see the film, and have no real interest in the game aside from being able to sell it and pick up a few bucks.

So how's Mass Effect? Couldn't tell you. I've only opened the case thus far to make sure all was well, which it is save the edges of the DVD appear to feel a bit sticky. Odd.

Superman Returns, however, controls like crap and is a real lame game, but I've been able to rack up a few quick Achievements to buffer my Gamer Score, so what the hell.

No comments: