Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition _NOT_ Available in Canada, New Soldier Class Video


Much to my disappointment, it appears that the Limited Collector's Edition of Mass Effect will _not_ be available in Canada after all, as reported by BioWare in this official forum thread here (scroll down a bit).

There's only one thing I can say about this: Sloppy. BioWare states that as the developer, there isn't much that they can do, and technically this is true, such a poor decision is made by the publisher, in this case Microsoft Game Studios, but just as BioWare is only the developer, I'm only the consumer.

While the lack of being able to get a Limited Collector's Edition will ultimately free up some shelf space and save me about $10.00, its simply the principle of the thing. There is no major reason I can see why the Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition could not be made available in Canada, the developer's home country.

This leaves me feeling slighted, and since Mass Effect will be available for years, this has shifted my position on the game. While I most certainly will purchase it, it does look amazing and it is a BioWare title after all, I don't feel compelled to rush out and buy it on launch day. I think instead I'll pace myself and get through everything else I want to play through first.

Very disappointing Microsoft Game Studios.

In related news, TeamXbox is hosting a new gameplay video that features combat with the Soldier Class. You can check it out here.

Not only does Mass Effect look great, but the style of gameplay shown actually very much reminds me of Gears of War. Quite nice. Perhaps I'll pick up Mass Effect around Christmas when I have a week off, or ask for it as a Christmas gift and thus loose no money of my own to Microsoft Game Studios. That sounds like a good idea.

No comments: