Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) Completed for the 3rd Time


Earlier this week, I completed what I wanted to accomplish with my third character for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360). I played a female Argonian, and mainly went through the Thieves Guild as well as the Dark Brotherhood Questlines.

I got to be bad >:).

I honestly wasn't too keen on the Thieves Guild. I found it often felt like the designers couldn't make up their minds as to whether they wanted the Thieve's Guild Quests to be stealth based or combat based, and this really took away from it. In the final Quest, for the very first time of countless hours of playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I actually had to drop the difficulty just to pass a certain part. Most unfortunate. I also began to find bounties annoying, as the people I needed to remove them simple weren't readily available enough.

The Dark Brotherhood Questline, on the other hand, was the single best Quest Line that I have played in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The guild itself has some great characters and an interesting back story, not to mention that the history of the Dark Brotherhood and their leader, the Night Mother, was rather gripping. The Quests were fun, well balanced, and had a nice variety of styles (loved the dinner party one), and for the first time in the whole game, you actually got to (sort of) see some children.

Through this playthrough, I also found that I really enjoyed Marksmanship, didn't like Lock Picking, and I really got to journey around so many other parts of Cyrodiil that I hadn't seen before. I also completed the Nirnroot Quest for the first time, which was actually rather simple if you take the time to explore.

I still wish that I could have sorted the Misc. section of my inventory a little better, but as always this was a minor annoyance.

This also marks the second Xbox 360 title that I've gotten a full 1000/1000 Gamerscore with, and even though I've completed every single Achivement that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has to offer, there's still so much of the game world left to explore, and much more to do. The truth is that even after a few more playthroughs with The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, I will never do everything that can be done in this expansive Single Player game world. Bethesda Softworks, my hat's off to you.

No comments: