Saturday, September 29, 2007

Halo 3 - Limited Edition Scratched Discs


As many of you probably know, as soon as Halo 3 was released this past Tuesday many online publications began posting about scratched discs appearing in the Halo 3 - Limited Edition. Due to a faulty design, the discs in the metal case do not clip in securely and can get loose, bouncing around and getting scratched by the metal of its very own case.

I pre-ordered my copy online with Best Buy, and of course, the package arrived with both discs loose and scratched. Thankfully since I was poking around the net on launch day, I new about this issue before hand and knowing firsthand how Canada Post deals with most of it's packages, I would have been surprised had my Halo 3 discs arrived in any reasonable condition.

I drove to my nearest Best Buy and after a mixed customer service experience, I exchanged my copy and everything appears to be working fine. Not the best way though for Microsoft to start the launch of the biggest release for their current gen console.

No comments: