Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360) E3 2006 Demo Impressions


Last weekend I finally got around to trying out the Single Player Demo for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360), and my finally verdict: Not my thing.

My impressions of the demo started off very well. Heck, I was some kind of sci-fi soldier in a extreme environment fighting alien bugs. I'm an Alien whore, what can I say.

But after a while of tinkering, I found I wasn't big on the Controller layout. Granted, this could probably be changed in the retail game, so I can let that pass, but what really irked me is the cold damage you take after a while.

I always play my shooters carefully, slowly taking out opponent instead of just running and gunning. I found that the ultimate cold damage you're forced to take made me feel rushed, and I didn't like that design aspect.

While certainly a cool concept for the crowded shooter genre, it wasn't my thing, and I couldn't be bothered to finish the last Demo level. I'll pass and wait for the next big thing, thanks.

No comments: