Sunday, June 17, 2007

Xbox Support Update


Last week, we left off with me re-filing my complaint with the Better Business Bureau on Sunday. On Monday, the same Microsoft rep who called me on Victoria Day contacted me again, however I was stuck at work for about 10 hours and didn't get to speak with him. He tried calling again on Tuesday, but I was chained to the office for 13 hours, so it was the same deal.

On Thursday, I contacted him before leaving for work and left him a voice mail, asking him to email me which he promptly did, and yes, I had totally fubed up his email address when I was trying to email him, which is unfortunate as that would have saved a lot of grief.

Anyway, my rep told me that the Xbox Support rep I spoke with last weekend was correct and that Perfect Dark Zero is not an eligible gift game in Canada. He apologies for his error, and since he works for Microsoft, he happened to have several copies on hand and he's personally sending me one.

I also discussed the issue with purchased content from Xbox Live no longer working while I'm offline, and he informed me that recently, Microsoft made an adjustment to their service where re-downloading the content will register it properly with the new console. This change was made after I had first tried around May 22nd it seems, and it worked. Save for the odd Gamer Picture I never use that's no longer available to re-download off of Xbox Live, I can now use all my themes and Xbox Live Arcade games in Offline mode, and I didn't loose any of my saved games or unlocked characters from re-downloading them.

All that's left now is to await my copy of Perfect Dark Zero, and hopefully I can put this whole experience behind me (thus the optimistic sexy pic).

No comments: