Sunday, June 17, 2007

Quake 4 (PC) Completed for the 4th Time


When my Xbox 360 went broke at the beginning of May, I started playing Quake 4 (PC) while waiting for my refurbished unit. Yesterday, I finished the game for the fourth and probably final time.

I still found Quake 4 great fun to play, but having gone through it this many times in a single year, parts of it did start to lag and get repetitive; too strong of a been there, done that feel.

That aside, the game packs some great classic style FPS moments, and my only major gripe (on Lieutenant, the Hard difficulty), is the lack of a quick kill weapon, and how Tactical Transfers, what you become, are so tough and dish out such quick death with the same weapons that you're using. Very frustrating.

Otherwise, you can pick Quake 4 up for only $19.99 now on both PC and Xbox 360, and it's well worth the cost.

No comments: