Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hour of Victory (Xbox 360) Demo Impressions


The next and final demo I downloaded yesterday was Hour of Victory (Xbox 360), yet another World War II shooter.

In a word: Run.

The game let's you choose to be one of three different classes, a standard soldier, a sniper, or... um.. someone else. Anyway, I went with the regular solider guy, and while the game itself looks nice enough, I found the controls kind of junky, and it was just the same old carbon-copy shooter junk.

The first demo level was standard shooter stuff. Kill Nazis, defend command point.

The next level had you driving a tank, and while it was really cool to shoot shells at near-fully destructible buidlings, when my tank bumped the side of a wall, tipped over, and turned into a smoking ruin, I decided to stop right there and delete the demo from my HDD.

There are far better WWII shooters out there, so go play one of them and save yourself the headache. You'll thank me later.

No comments: