Monday, April 09, 2007

Xbox 360 Spring Update Officially Announced, QWERTY Keyboard Attachment coming this Summer


On the US Xbox site, Microsoft has released an official press release unveiling the Xbox 360 Spring Update.

While this update adds many new and revised features, including a new Blade for Xbox Live Marketplace, the biggest addition is the integration with Windows Live Messenger.

You will now be able to add people from your Windows Live Messenger list to your Xbox Live Friends list and chat with them while playing a game, watching a movie, or shopping online. Microsoft will also be releasing a QWERTY keyboard attachment for the Xbox 360 Controller this summer. No announcement yet on the date and cost and if a Black version will be available.

The Xbox 360 Spring Update will also enhance download features over the Xbox Live Marketplace, and provide improved Achievement feedback.

You can read the full press release here.

For my own part, the last time I used the then MSN Messenger with any degree of seriousness was in the late '90's to early 2000's when I was playing a lot of PC games, mainly Starcraft and Diablo II. Personally, it only served to piss me off as people would continue to try and chat with me when I was busy killing things, so I nuked it and haven't touched Windows Messenger which comes with Windows XP.

For my own part, I might add a few key non-Xbox 360 users to my Xbox Live Friends list, but I figure for the same reasons as when I was PC gaming, I'll pass on most of it.

2 comments:

Flame_Kettle said...

Well, this looks cool, I am glad I tuned in today, I might pick up this handy looking little upgrade, it would be cool I think to answer msn messnger messages on the big TV,

speaking of updates, I added some pics from my younger days on my site.

Juxtapose said...

The QWERTY keyboard attachment is coming out this summer, so you got a good three to four months to drool over it.

Crazy pics dude. Can you get me a discount on jerky ;).