Sunday, February 04, 2007

Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub


This past Friday evening, I organized a social outing for the office folk, and the pub that was recommended to me was Grace O'Malley's. From what I understood it was an Irish pub like many of the others, and being close to the office I figured what the hell.

I'm never going there again.

Things started to go wrong when I was booking a reservation. Not only did a staff member hang up on me in the process, but I booked for 30 people and when we arrived they had given us proper seating for 15. We were able to get the seating worked out, but overall the service was not overly impressive.

My food game with the au jus dipping sauce spilled all on the plate, and Telly ordered food not once, by twice and never saw a thing. The staff was also very unwilling to start placing things on a separate bill which meant we mostly did cash and carry.

Finally, the staff of Grace O'Malley's actually politely asked us to get lost around 9:00 pm. After we gave them close to $350.00, they wanted us to scram. Talk about rude.

While over all the food wasn't bad, and they had a talented cover band playing, the establishment left a great deal to be desired in professional courtesy, and I have no intention of supporting them through my patronage or our office's again.

There are plenty of other fine places in this city to drink and also shoot some pool.

2 comments:

Telly said...

We, the Staff (TM) would just like to comment on one little thing: By the staff, Fearless Leader was referring to the staff of Grace O'Malley's, not We, the Staff (TM).

And yes, We're still a little sore about being completely and utterly ignored.

-The Staff

Telly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.