Sunday, December 17, 2006

Year End Awards Revision


It's coming up to the end of the year, which means in the next week or so it's time for my Year End Awards. Typically I do Games, Movies (Theatrical), and DVDs (I don't do music since my tastes are so specific as to be rather limited), however this year I'm encountering a rather large problem.

You see, I called it. 2006 has been a dud year for media. I've looked over everything I did this year, and while I normally do a Top 3 award list for each category, I've only acquired 2 games this year that have been released in 2006 (and both are fun enough but nothing ground breaking) and I've only seen two flicks in theatres, one of which was great the other which disappointed me.

I did purchase 3+ DVD's though, so I can do my DVD awards proper.

Anyway, due to the fact that I can't do my regular awards properly, I'm going to change things up a bit. Instead, I'm going to do a top three anticipated games for 2007 and perhaps I'll do an awards bit for the top three titles I've played that I've missed out on when they were released.

For movies, I'll do a top three films in general, including flicks I rented.

Seriously, 2006 was such a blah year for media, though I did find it good for books; got a lot of reading done. A lot of reading. So much so now that I think of it, perhaps I'll do a top three books as well, perhaps.

Anyway, at least 2007 looks to be very promising indeed.

No comments: