Sunday, September 17, 2006

System Shock 2 Up and Running


Thanks to the help of some forum goers at Sshock2.com, I've finally gotten my copy of System Shock 2 up and running on my Windows XP system. The great thing is I've also gotten the complimented Rebirth mod I mentioned in this post here working as well, so I've got some nice updated character models to look at. This screenshot is from the earliest sections of the game, featuring a poor female crew member who met a bad end at the hands of the Many.

The game is great thus far, just as I remember it. In depth RPG gameplay mixed with survival horror presented in an FPS package. All I can say is atmosphere, atmosphere, and more atmosphere.

I'll probably post some interesting screenshots of the updated character models as the weeks go on, and perhaps my own impressions of this great classic.

No comments: