Monday, September 04, 2006

New Radio Station


Back at the end of July, I posted about how the Humble Howard Morning Show was fired from Mix 99.9, and that since Howard was gone, I'd needed to find a new radio station.

One of my lovely readers suggested either Q107 or 92.5 Jack FM, both of which I've tried, and when it's all said and done, Q107 has emerged the dominante one with a minor rotation between the two. Why Q107, you ask? Well, it's quite simple really: I prefer the tunes on Jack FM, however its reception is aweful on my alarm clock radio, while Q107's is clear.

Thus far I haven't been a huge fan of John Derringer in the morning, I actually find him rather boring, but he's leaps and bounds ahead of Mad Dog and Billy (why are they still on radio?). I typically have Jack FM on in my car, though since I mostly listen to my CDs there, I only listen to Jack occasionally.

So there you have it. In a nut shell, radio sucks in Toronto. Most of the morning shows are lack-luster at best and a lot of the tunes blow, but hey, I only need something other than a screeching alarm to get me up in the morning, at which point I can switch to something I do like, my CD's.

No comments: