Monday, August 07, 2006

Recovering from Food Poisoning


Last night for dinner I had a Chicken Club and Fries from Wendy's, which usually isn't that bad of a fast food meal. I ate it quickly and then went back to doing whatever it was that I was doing. Cut to some time after 4:00 am. I woke up feeling massive pressure around my lower stomach, a pain I have not felt before, and I swear to God, I thought something might have ruptured.

I made my way to the washroom and was violently ill. I don't know how long the entire episode lasted, exactly, but I do know the microwave clock in the kitchen was showing exactly 5:00 am by the time I was popping a Gravol. Had I not been sick though, I would have found my way to a hospital, the pain was that bad.

That was an awful, awful experience, and based on the... evidence, I know it was that Chicken Club that got me so sick. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm going to start cutting back on the fast food; and I mean it this time. Subs and such I think are fine, but I'm really going to try and limit the burger joints. Heck, both McDonald's and Burger King no longer agree with me, so I that should really be telling me something about the state of my body.

Anyway, I mostly nursed myself today with a lot of light food and playing Doom 3 (PC). I have a dental appointment tomorrow, so hopefully I don't get sick there.

No comments: