Sunday, July 30, 2006

St-Hubert Still Alive in Toronto


A few months ago, it appeared that the last St-Hubert restaurant in Toronto closed down, however last weekend I found out this was not exactly true. While yes, the 427/Queensway location is no longer a St-Hubert restaurant as all the franchises left the Toronto area, this location was able to reach some kind of agreement with the St-Hubert head office, and the place is now called The Q and they are serving the exact same food that St-Hubert does! They've also done some menu additions, but if you liked anything from St-Hubert, odds are you'll find it here.

For those unaware, St-Hubert is a Montreal-based Swiss Chalet style restaurant. In fact, I believe it was Swiss Chalet that St-Hubert lost so much ground to in Toronto, as Swiss Chalet kept on growing and growing while St-Hubert did not. However, I found St-Hubert's food to be of much better quality every time, which I why I'm so hooked on them.

I've been going to and loving St-Hubert ever since I was a child, and I can't begin to express how happy I am at finding that they're still local. The closest St-Hubert to Toronto is in Cornwall (which the staff and I do a yearly drive out to), however having The Q only 30 minutes away is great as I still get to enjoy some really great food.

2 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh my god... they still exist? I loved going there as a kid! It was such a treat, because we had to travel about 45minutes from home to get to one. I may have to make a trip out to The Q to relive some tasty childhood moments.

Juxtapose said...

45 minutes, huh. Well I've got that beat. For two years in a row now, on Canada Day weekend, my best friend and I drive all the way out to Cornwall and back in a day simply to go to St-Hubert. That's about 4.25 hours one way.

Aside from The Q, they are the closest St-Hubert to the GTA.