Monday, July 24, 2006

Sam Raimi Reveals Venom in Spider-Man 3


Today, Sam Raimi, the director of the Spider-Man triolgy, revealed that the film's two villians are Sandman and Venom. Some footage was shown, however to the left is the only shot I've found of Spider-Man's ultimate nemesis (and my childhood hero), Venom. You can read IGN FilmForce's article here.

Raimi also went on to say that while Harry Osborne plays a vengeful role in the upcoming film, he is not the next Green Goblin or Hobgoblin and is not a major villian.

My only major concern is with Venom and how well the character will be developed. I mean, Spider-Man will get the symbiote costume in this film, then he'll need to get rid of it. Brock will then have to be bound to it, become Venom, and become the greatest threat Spidey will ever face, all in one film with multiple romance plots, another main villian, and a sub-villian.

I'm actually quite worried that Spider-Man 3 will try to do too much and get lost in itself. If Venom is rushed and not provided the proper character background and reason for his menace, he'll be a joke.

1 comment:

Grim said...

OMFG! I didn't realize that Raimi directed Spider-man. I love Army of Darkness, so maybe I can learn to love Spider-man know that I know he directs the trilogy.