Wednesday, July 26, 2006

QuickTime's Dumb


Well it is. Seriously, Apple, how dumb are you. I've had this new system for just short of a month now, and the only issue I'm having is stupid QuickTime and it's inability to stream new trailers properly. Basicaly some QuickTime 6 and any QuickTime 7 trailers will not stream correctly if at all. I've tinkered with most of the settings, tried mutliple browsers, etc. There is no reason what-so-ever that I can see as to why it won't work.

However, given the course that Apple's taken, shoddy programing doesn't surprise me. Seriously, they're as bad as if not worse than Microsoft. Why? I work with Macs all day at the Office, and there's a reason that PC's are the primary personal computer the globe over. Even with the new Intel based processors, Macs are slower, significantly more expensive, and with less inexpensive tech support options. They're less customizable and, well, very pretentious in a way. If you want to know what I mean, watch the new Mac commercials to see the BS Apple is spouting; which has no real justification at all.

Don't get me wrong, Tiger is a solid OS and Macs look nice on a desk, but performance, customizability, and cost are more important and Apple looses out over a PC on both counts.

No comments: