Sunday, July 23, 2006

Half-Life 2: Episode Two Heading to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3


This is older news, however I never got around to posting it so here it is: Valve Software has announced that it's going to port the upcoming expansion Half-Life 2: Episode Two to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Also included in the package will be a digitally enhanced version of Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One, as well as the upcoming Team Fortress 2 and Portal. You can check out the press release here.


I certainly have no problem with Valve bringing the Half-Life 2 expansions to the next gen consoles. While the series is over-rated, it is still fun enough. My only major gripe with this announcement is the extra cost console gamers may need to pay for the extra titles. For example, if I decide to purchase Half-Life 2: Episode Two for the Xbox 360, will I have to get Portal and Team Fortress 2 with it? What if I don't want those titles? Same with Half-Life 2. I already have Half-Life 2 (Xbox), and it is backwards compatible, so if I don't want prettier visuals, do I have to buy it?

Something tells me the answer is yes, and the Xbox 360 version of Half-Life 2: Episode Two, including all the above titles, will run between $69.99 to $79.99. Overpriced for a bunch of products I wouldn't want.

No comments: