Monday, July 31, 2006

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox) Sold


Yesterday, I finally got around to selling my copy of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox). I went to Deja Vu Discs, and sold it along with my DVD copy of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and I sold both items for much the same reason: they're boring.

Anyone who saw Capt. Kirk's first feature film debut won't need me to elaborate on that, however some explanation might be needed for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition, which are expressed in this post I made last May.

Basically, despite all the great depth of the world itself and all the excellent exploration opportunities, there were no real characters to attach yourself to, and when completing Quests, I never got any real feeling of accomplishment. Playing the game became way too much like real-life work, and I knew that I'd never bother finishing the game. While the success of the series clearly shows that there's a ready audience for such titles, it's not for me.

So, with the $8.50 I got from selling the above items, I put that money towards my purchase of Doom 3, something I will enjoy a great deal.

No comments: