Monday, June 12, 2006

Found Quake II (PC)


Very late last July, I vowed to find a copy of Quake II (PC), since I missed out on that classic FPS back in the '90's, and today, I finally found it. It was at Walmart, however no price tag was on the package.

Though I finally found it, and though I want to play it, I did not pick the title up. Why? Well, it was part of a bundle package, the Quake Collection, I believe it was called, and it comes with both Quake and Quake III: Arena. Since Quake III: Arena is all Multiplayer focused, I have no interest in it, and I had a pirated copy of Quake when it was new and played through it a few times, and honestly, it sucked (in fact, Quake's crappy Single Player game is the reason I missed out on Quake II).

I have no desire to get those titles along with Quake II. However, at the time, I also was hoping that the Xbox 360 version of Quake 4 would come with a copy of Quake II, as when I pick up an Xbox 360 I figure I'll be getting that game, and it does.

So, since I expect to pick up an Xbox 360 in 2007, I'll be waiting that long to get Quake 4 and thus, Quake II. Instead, I just bought LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game for my current Xbox.

No comments: