Saturday, May 06, 2006

LCD TV Prices


I popped into my local Best Buy today, and was taking a peek at some LCD TVs. While I presently have several games I'm playing through on my Xbox, once I'm done I do figure I'll snag an Xbox 360, however that means that I'll want a widescreen high def. TV so I can play in 720p.

Right now I'm leaning towards a Samsung model, seeing as how I'm happy with my current Samsung Flat CRT PC monitor, however Samsung 23" Widescreen LDC TVs are going for around $999.99, which are still too damn much, in my opinion.

I chatted with a sales rep., and she said prices are expected to drop between September and December of this year, however by how much she couldn't say.

So, it looks like this fall I may end up picking one up along with an Xbox 360, which is probably a good thing since it'll give Microsoft a good year of having their next gen. console out, and hopefully any of its major bugs and junk will be worked out.

1 comment:

sookie said...

Just an FYI - I heard there is a natural frame delay of 2 or 3 on flat screens.