Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Halo 3 Officially Announced


Microsoft (and Bungie) have officially announced Halo 3 for the Xbox 360, to be released in 2007. You can read Bungie's official announcement here, and check out the official site (with screen shots, a teaser trailer, and an FAQ) here. The Halo series is indeed a trilogy, and this is the final chapter (of this storyline, anyway).

All I have to say is wow. I've watched the trailer half a dozen times, and I'll probably watch it half a dozen other times tonight alone. What a great teaser, what great music, and what great graphics. I remember the days of watching Blizzard Entertainment's cinematic trailers, thinking how amazing they looked, which is a lot like this Halo 3 teaser. The difference? The Halo 3 teaser uses the in-game engine; we're looking at in-game graphics! Simply stunning.

This, my friends, is the major announcement of E3, not the PlayStation 3 junk I posted about below. And mark me, with Halo 3 on the way, a cheaper next gen. console, and ultimately a year lead on Sony, Microsoft is in a very, very good position for the next gen. console war.

Finish the Fight.

No comments: