Thursday, May 25, 2006

Google is Funny

As you have no doubt noticed, I have some Ads and such on this site, which have been in place for about 10 months.

I also had this lovely little paragraph towards the lower right of the site:

"Please donate to the Arbiter's Judgement Charity Fund (TM) by using the Search Bar at the top of this blog or by clicking on the ads below. All proceeds go towards a needy cause: Us. Beer costs money you know. So start clicking, I'm thirsty!"

However, apparently Google frowns on humour. I got an email from them today stating that this paragraph is in violation of their service, and that I must remove it within 72 hours. Now please note that I have done so, however my question is: Why wasn't I notified about this, oh, around 10 months ago?

Thus, I feel I should take Google's policy one step further: Please DO NOT click on any of my Ads or use my Search Engine to find stuff! This would be a gross dis-service to the ads, the search engine, and to Google themselves who profit off those clicks significantly more than I do.

Not that it's a big deal mind you, I'm not going to be retiring off the cash from Adsense, however I just find it really funny. Anyway, I might be killing those Google Ads in the near future anyway since, at my present rate, it'll take about 29 years for me to get a cheque from them.

There might be an Ad free Arbiter's Judgement in the near future kids...

No comments: