Thursday, February 23, 2006

Gaming Progress

This past Sunday, I completed The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Xbox) for the third and probably final time. The game is good, a fun action based RPG that has a strong feel of Diablo to it, but overall it was a struggle getting through it this time.

While its great playing through Middle-earth and fighting orcs and such, the game's story was very weak and the instant action encounters that pop up often were simply too often, the game lacked the solid exploration I've become fond of in most RPGs constantly forcing you into its turn-based battles.

I did do a few things different this time though, like having Hadod the dwarf be a caster, and focused Idrial as a combat character, but even with these heavy character changes the game played very much the same as before. I did get 33 hours of mostly fun, repetative gameplay from it though.

I'm also nearly done Doom II (Xbox), about 6 or 7 levels left on that classic. I must say it is extremely great fun playing through such an old game on my big black box, I just wish weapon switching could be faster, and that the Super Shotgun wasn't beside the Chainsaw. I'm also going through Doom 3 (Xbox), though I haven't touched it in about a week, and now that I'm done The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, I can get back to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords. My female Dark Jedi is coming along rather nicely she is, though I haven't decided if I'll redeem her as the game goes on or simply continue to corrupt all my Party Members. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: