Thursday, November 03, 2005

Star Wars: Battlefront II Review at IGN Xbox, Demo Impressions


IGN Xbox has reviewed Star Wars: Battlefron II here, and they give it a 7 out of 10.

I played the DVD demo that came with Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith last night, and I have mix feelings. There are 2 levels in the demo, one from the space battle at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith, another of the infantry battle on Utopa (or however that's spelt).

I found the space combat really, really sucked, the controls for flying were so messed up it was no fun at all. The infantry level was a lot of fun though, and I also got to play as Obi-Wan for a brief period, and he was nearly invincible. It was also fun running around as a Clone Tropper and making stuff go boom now.

The infantry level is definitely a vast improvement over the Star Wars: Battlefront demo, as it's much more objective based. I didn't like the fact that there was a timer, though.

Based on the demo, I wouldn't go buy the game, however I will rent it and give it a closer look should I ever get around to it.

1 comment:

Telly said...

We agree. Not worth running out and buying, but worth a rental to try out more. We really hope that timer is a demo-only thing. The Battlefront demo lacked a timer, which meant you could experiment a little more.

Space combat got better once you got used to the controls, but the fact the demo gives you a measly three minutes for that mission didn't help any.

-The Staff