Thursday, November 10, 2005

Half-Life 2: Aftermath (PC) Delayed


Saw over at ActionTrip here that the expansion to Half-Life 2 (PC) has been delayed, and will be released Feb. to Mar. '06 instead of this fall.

The author of that post also has a comment I find rather interesting regarding the Half-Life 2 story (spoiler free), which falls in line with what my Staff has told me about the PC version, as well as the impressions I got from the PC Demo:

And this is exactly why I have a problem with Half-Life 2. It's not that
the game isn't great. It is. But, ultimately, it's just set on a rather shady
premise that it's OK to offer borderline meaningless pieces of the puzzle as far
as the actual plot is concerned and then release these "episodes" every two
years apparently. No matter how good your story is, or how good the action is, I
simply don't see how waiting two years for another glimpse into what is some
sort of a story is worth it. I mean, if it was J.R.R. Tolkien's story... then
maybe; as it is, I don't see how it's worth it.

No comments: