Sunday, September 04, 2005

New Star Wars: Battlefront II Official Web Site

Lucasarts launched an all new web site for Star Wars: Battlefront II.

The original Star Wars: Battlefront can be purchased for $29.99 (Xbox/PS2) and is on sale for $19.99 (PC) at Future Shop. It's the best selling Star Wars video game of all time, due to its excellent multiplayer. I tried the single player demo, which was set in the Battle of Endor, and it rather sucked.

The sequel, however, looks to have a more promising Single Player Campaign that's more story line focused. Well see, but it might be mainly based on a squad of Clone Troopers, and I really like Clone Troopers.

Anyway, a Single Player demo will be on the Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith DVD, which releases the same day as Battlefront II, November 1st. I'll give it a try, and if I like it I'll rent the game. If I really like it I'll pick up a copy.

Actually, this fall is looking like a good season for Xbox games: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Half-Life 2, and Star Wars: Battlefront II. The Xbox 360 also launches, which might mean Quake IV soon after or at least for the holiday season, along with Call of Duty II (and Call of Duty II: Big Red One for the current gen consoles).

Definitely a good time for Xbox gaming.

No comments: