Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Morning Post

As some of you know, I purchased a sword roughly 2 years ago. It has been hanging on my wall for most of that time, but lately I noticed the blade was looking a little dull so last night I decided to polish it.

My sword was forged in the same style of old, except instead of proper steel, stainless steel is used for the blade, thus I used a generic stainless steel polish.

Everything worked fine and the blade is now shiny and a marvel to behold, but I simply found the process of polishing that steel to be an enjoyable experience (and if any of you make any phalic jokes right about now, I'll run you through).

There's something about a sword in general, the strength felt from holding the hilt, the nobility that surrounds it, and the fact that it's a great way to scare off Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some girl guides to go pillage of their cookies.

2 comments:

Telly said...

"Is that a sword? Luxury!
Is that a horse? Sloth!
Is that a helmet? VANITY!"

-The Staff

Juxtapose said...

"Touch me not for I am chaste!"