Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith on DVD November 1st

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will be released on DVD November 1st; you can find the official press release here.

Overall I liked Revenge of the Sith, it was a darker movie that was generally entertaining and well put together (though there were some plot holes). It's certainly the best film of the prequal trilogy and in my opinion the second best Star Wars film. For me, The Empire Strikes Back will always be the top Star Wars flick.

I wonder if they'll release a prequal trilogy boxed set on November 1st as well, or if people will simply have to buy all 3 films seperately. It's rather obvious in the years to come milk-the-franchise-dry Lucas will release a Star Wars Saga boxed set containing all 6 films and newly added, digitally enhanced scenes where Jabba gets constipated, but for now I wonder if we're stuck without a nice boxed set.

Also on November 1st LucasArts will be releasing Star Wars: Battlefront II on the Xbox, PC, Playstation 2, and Playstation Portable. It's the sequal to the best selling Star Wars video game of all time, Star Wars: Battlefront. I've never actually played Battlefront. It's supposed to have amazing team-based multiplay (especially on Xbox and Playstation 2 where there isn't many other similar titles to compare it to), however the Single Player game was supposed to be a piece of shit.

There's a Single Player Xbox demo that came with the Star Wars Trilogy DVD boxed set, however I heard that it will alter your Xbox's firmware without asking the user, so I haven't tried it yet. I've also heard that this will only have negative effects on a modded Xbox, but at present I haven't wanted to take any chances (my Xbox is legit). However the Demo level is the Battle of Endor, and I hear you get to kill many Ewoks, so I admit I'm tempted.

Anyway, the Episode III DVD will contain a 2 level Xbox Demo of Battlefront II. If it doesn't alter firmware I'll give it a whirle.

2 comments:

Telly said...

The Staff are morally obligated to inform you, the readers, that our fearless leader cannot spell. Prequel and Sequel are spelled with e's as their second vowel, not a's. Bad fearless leader. Very very bad.

-The Staff

Juxtapose said...

Bah, Juxtapose doesn't need to learn how to spell, for he speaks (and types) in Juxtapose Speak (TM).

It is far superior to that crappy English you shumcks use because I created it.

Now where's my dinner!